Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 22: Bastrop, TX to Sealy, TX

Our mom sent us an exciting email today. The Daily Herald did an article on us! Click here to check it out.

I got some good pictures of Matt's new bike. He looks like a hardcore biker now.

It was raining all day today so Matt got drenched! He had to change clothes once because he was getting so cold in his wet ones. He said it was pretty crazy getting sprayed by huge semi trucks when they'd pass by. Matt's worst for the day was that he got a flat tire on his new bike so the last bit of his ride he had to switch bikes. Despite the bad weather, Matt pumped out 91 miles today! And we think we're finally out of the hill country (there is even a city near Austin called Hills).

Matt's best for the day was that Grandma Gina and Matt went to a pizza buffet for lunch. He definitely got his money's worth! Just like every other guy out there, he loves buffets.

Good news: I was able to put some weight on my ankle today, so I'll probably give it one more day and then try biking again!

The scenery was beautiful again today, so I had to put up some pictures I took.





3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - I missed an edit on the first comment. Amber, so happy to hear you were able to put a bit of weight on the ankle. You are nearly to my old stomping grounds. I love following you guys, what a wonderful adventure! Keep up the hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog from the Daily Herald and wanted to say hello and that I'm looking forward to reading your adventures. I gotta go back though and start at the beginning. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete